Five TTC players to represent India, Unprecedented honour for any Club
Trivandrum Tennis Club is proud to break this News. Five of its members have been selected by AITA to represent India in 5 different age groups of an ITF World championships. This surely is unprecedented for any Club anywhere in the world, to have a representative in 5 different national teams in the same sport at the same time.
* MS Krishnakumar will captain India in the 40+ category at the 2021 ITF Young Seniors World Team Championships in Umag, Croatia from 12th to 17th Sep. He is a former Kerala men's no.1 in and led the State to a bronze medal at the 2015 National Games.
* A Sanjai Kumar will represent India in the 55+ group of the Seniors Championships in Umag, Croatia from 29th Aug to 3rd Sep. He is also a former State champion (87-88) and has several ITF Seniors titles to his credit. Was ranked India no. 1 in 45+ singles in 2016.
* K Sankar is selected for the 50 Plus age group which will also be a part of the Seniors Championships in Umag from
29th Aug to 3rd Sep. Sankar is a former State champion and now an accomplished coach.
* MR Ramesh, past President of TTC, will play for the country in the 65+ category in the Super Seniors World Championships. This event will be held at Mallorca in Spain between Oct 10 and 15, 2021.
* B Govind Krishnakumar is in the India team for the 70+ group in the above Super Seniors event in Mallorca, also in Oct. He was Kerala's top men's player in the early 70's and also ranked no 1 among India's 65+ players for the last 5 years.
Hearty congrats to all of them for their dedication, determination and discipline!
TTC wishing the Indian contingent for the Tokyo Olympics all the very best.